Well, the weekend is just about over and I thought I'd share some of the craziness of these past two weeks!
Last weekend was a beautiful weekend. Jared brought the kids out to watch me run the Fort-4-Fitness half marathon, which I must say I ran much better than I expected thanks to my fabulous running partner, Meganmarie!! We ran the first 8 miles together and I finished the 13.1 miles in 1:46 and some seconds. About 15 minutes faster than planned! That evening we got to hang out with the Ohlson's, Nonny, and Brian with the pretense of watching the Notre Dame game. It was wonderful to get to spend time with family even though that was the start of about a 4 day intestinal bug for me...YUCK! Jared was able to take the kids to the annual apple picking on Sunday and had a wonderful time...however there was a strong push to move the party to our house next year which would be lots of fun so we'll just have to wait and see what happens!
It was definitely a different week at the babysitters this last week. Mia wasn't feeling well one day and spiked a fever. We were hoping it was the start of her getting a few more teeth but she was acting ok just a little tired. Then I thought Hunter got my intestinal bug...poor little guy! Every time we changed him he had loaded his diaper and his poor little butt was all red and cracked which led to a very unhappy little man when it was time for diaper changing. It also led to lots of clothing changes since he was blowing out at least once a day!! Then Friday I received a text from Tonya stating that Mia and McKenna had gotten into the diaper rash cream and Mia had a mess in her hair...what an understatement!!! When I picked Mia up from Tonya's I had to laugh at the amount of grease in her poor little hair and Tonya washed it 3 times! She suggested I try Dawn dish soap...which 3 days later is finally starting to work!! To top it off on Friday Hunter was wearing one of Mia's shirts when I got there to pick them up. He of course had blown out of another outfit and I had forgotten to leave a change of clothes! What can you do but laugh...or cry!! This is not where this day ends however...on the way home Hunter pooped once again...yep all over the carseat!!! Now not only do I have to get everything ready for a bridal shower and bachelorette party but I also get to wash a carseat!! Of course while I was cleaning the carseat Hunter also exploded on the jumperoo!!! And Jared was out hunting with Zach. AGGH!!! We also noticed Saturday morning that Hunter has his first tooth!!! So, maybe that's where all that poop came from!!! Luckily we all made it to Saturday and had a wonderful time celebrating Erin and Zach's upcoming wedding!
![]() |
Mia's greasy hair full of butt cream!! What fun!! |
![]() |
| Notice the little surprise in Hunter's lap that he conveniently left for Mommy to clean up!! |
![]() |
| I think this is when Mia and Hunter discussed how much fun it would be to make Mommy crazy!! |
![]() |
| Hunter sitting pretty in Mia's purple shirt!! |
So remind me when am I supposed to mop, vacuum, and generally clean my house!! I can't even change the kids rooms over for the next season of clothes!! Oh, well...time for bed and another week of fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment